"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 07, 2004

Will it be Cow Paths or Paved Roads?

Jon Udell... For me every document is a database, and every database is an assembly of documents.

Fair enough, I like the convergence too. Hopefully our tools will provide some examples and guidance toward good structures for documents for various scenarios. There are best practices in the decision support arena that are not always employed even by us professional nerds. New query tools and calculators would do well to steer the evolution toward the paved roads or we may be processing XML on the cow paths for longer than necessary.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.