"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2005

Slip Sliding Away

James Boyce writes...

The fact that thousands of young men and women are coming home disabled for life and learning to live on $2,000 a month disability is a disgrace. The future security of our country is at stake because, as an Army recruiter was explaining on a talk show the other night, this is the first “real” extended war the volunteer army has had to fight, and recruiting to actually fight is different than recruiting to train to fight...

I spoke with a top Democratic fundraiser, smart guy, best of the best, and I quote: “The Democratic consultants here in Washington are convinced that the 2008 election will be all about domestic issues.” Sure it will be. Just like the last one was.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.