"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 06, 2003

WS Referral

Phil Windley continues his look at various Web Service related specifications. The latest is WS Referral.

I am in search of some kind of "best practices", which will be difficult since these are new specs and may never have been used in real-world scenarios.

The simplest thing that could possibly work is:

  • I publish a web service.
  • You call it.

Everything I want to do regarding asynchronous processing, security, transliterating for whatever reason should be possible behind the facade of a simple web service API.

Email me with ideas where this wouldn't work and WS Referal would fix the problem.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.