"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2003

The Principle of Most Astonishment

What does the EJB specification have to do with the WS-xxx specifications?

Alan Knight offers several reasons against using Entity Beans, and anything but the simplest form of Session Beans, if you have to use EJB at all.

The root of the problem is the EJB standard was developed primarily in a paper specification (and I use that term loosely, having reviewed several drafts of the initial EJB spec). Had the standard been developed based on real experience with prototypes, I wonder if the result would have been as cumbersome?

How many prototypes are the WS-xxx specifications based on?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.