"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 03, 2003

Boston Accents

Funny discussion about accents.

Here's my two cents from spending four years there 20 years ago...

I'd say you have acclimated to the language when you find your pronunciation of "Worcester" naturally rolls off the tongue as "Wuster" and "Peabody" has no logical pronounciation other than "Pea'bdy".

To be a true master you also have to be able to say with a straight face...

"Put that wicked drooring of the tree in my top draw, wudja?"

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.