"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 02, 2003

Straight talk on EAI adapters

Sean McGrath gives us the business on EAI adapters. What a breath of fresh air. A truly useful economics of integration that lines up with the EAI vision if your intent on taking proprietariness out of the picture.

Here's how I interpret his hints toward an alternative for 80% of the cases a proprietary EAI solution might be purchased:

The hard part is already proprietary to your legacy applications and ERPs. Sometimes the term "adapter" seems intended to imply "easy to implement". Unfortunately customization, vendor quality and the "stovepipe" nature of EAI products themselves get in the way.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.