"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

GarageBand and the Garage Band Method

GarageBand from Apple gets a references from Jon Udell on turning "consumers" into producers.... this might be a good time to plug "The Garage Band Method". Unfortunately the book appears to be unavailable from Amazon as well as Powells.

I'll have to cherish my copy even more. The Garage Band Method is a no nonsense approach to making *interesting* music quickly while learning piano, guitar, or sax. (Moreover, all three are covered in the one book.) The method is not "learn on your own". You're expected to have a teacher, but the book tells you what to look for in a teacher and how to work with one. The other key point is to get with other people who want to play and may also be beginners in their instrument.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.