"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 31, 2004

Making Money with ReST and Smalltalk

From the on-line presentations to Smalltalk Solutions 2004 (PDF)...

A financial house posts trades to NASDAQ using HTTPS client and SSL framework.

  • Saves $5000/month over using an MQSeries link to NASDAQ.
  • No manual entry. HTML pages are automatically read, filled in, and posted. Report retrieval is automated as well.
  • Other companies are still using MQSeries and struggling to manually enter data within the 45 min NASDAQ requirement.
  • Implemented in less than a month and running for over a year.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.