"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

REST and SOA

Mark Baker writes...

Gartner's claim that REST proponents rag on SOAP is backwards; we like SOAP, mostly. We just don't like SOA.
I consider myself a REST convert, to the extent I think I understand it and its incarnation in HTTP. Though I don't understand the position above. Is there even a concrete definition of SOA with which to make this statement?

I thought SOA was a fairly innocuous term, being so vaguely defined that an SOA could be built using REST and HTTP.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.