"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2004

RESTful POST's

The rest-discuss Yahoo group is in the midst of a useful discussion of what makes for RESTful uses of HTTP POST. Roy Fielding's description of a RESTful client-based state machine was a point in the conversation that I could latch on to.

From there I was able to go back and forth through the chronology of messages to piece together the points of discussion. Mark Baker's arguing for a more strict definition of RESTful POST (I think) than Roy, but I'm not sure yet whether this is a communication issue or a technical issue with HTTP itself.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.