"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2005

Termite

No, I don't know what's up with Termite. I like the idea of Scheme being an UNCOL.

But what I really want is an Erlang environment up and running for me. So I decided not to wait for Termite to mature or to rewrite Termite using Gambit's new mailbox mechanism.

We are now in the postmodern, dare I say, Web 2.0, era. I'm back to using Erlang after several years and loving it. It has so much good stuff packed in, from Mnesia to simple distibuted messages. It's not my favorite sequential language, but it seems like my favorite concurrent language.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.