"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Emacs Tag Magic

Tim Bray on programming in C using Emacs...

I’ve been using Emacs, and I seem to recall that it has all sorts of navigation magic.
That would be the "tags" mechanism. Tags work with non-emacs tools as well, but emacs is especially good with them. See the manual.

Tag databases can be created for all kinds of languages.

Those IDE's still have *nothing* on emacs. :-D

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.