"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 07, 2007

Secure Enterprise-grade Persistent Group Chat

Also from Todd Bishop... Microsoft buys MindAlign...

MindAlign is a secure enterprise-grade persistent group chat solution.
Oh, dear. Is there any reason a large organization would not want to base its future messaging capabilities on XMPP?

But I had similar thoughts about email, and yet there's Exchange. One difference may be, though, with email and Exchange, Microsoft got in before email could become much of a platform for messaging applications. I would imagine over the last 10 years there's been little venture money for email-based platforms.

The same is probably not true for "instant messaging". What do you think? Am I just being ignorant in my recollection and/or prognostications?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.