"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 03, 2007

Meet the new Reg...

Paul Fremantle on WSO2's registry work...

For a while I've been thinking that the SOA registry space has been a little overcomplicated...

So fundamentally the approach we have taken is to build a registry/repository based on REST concepts. And as we looked at the REST space, we kept noticing how close the Atom Publishing Protocol (APP) is to our needs, so we've made that the public remote API to access the repository. Of course, if you are just browsing the registry, you only need a browser - APP is mainly there to support updating resources.

Of course, using Atom and APP gives some really nice benefits too - like being able to subscribe a feed of new resources that meet your search criteria.

Glen Daniels was talking about this registry in the hallway at QCon a few weeks ago. Nice. You could definitely see Glen's gears turning during the sessions and discussions.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.