"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 21, 2007

Patterns of Change

Reg Braithwaite knows...

Of course I recommend reading the original. But may I add, please do not get sucked into arguing whether Design Patterns are good, or whether IDE refactorings really work, or any of the other technical points that are so much fun to rehash for the millionth time.

Instead, consider the cultural forces at work. Cultural problems cannot be solved with technology. If you are an advocate for change, ask yourself what sort of cultural change is needed, not what sort of technical problems need to be solved.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.