"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Software Development Seen Continuing to Suck in Near Future

Chief Software Architect and Chairman Bill Gates has publicly described the company's goals to add support for model-driven development to Microsoft products leading up to the release of the company's "Longhorn" operating system, expected in 2005.

I am not convinced that IBM bought Rational for UML. The Three Amigos were last seen riding off into the sunset following the ascent of XP.

The IBM deal I think was driven by tools like ClearCase maybe, but more specifically for the embedded market.

Can MSFT make MDA shine? Maybe.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.