"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 23, 2003

Should Elementary Schools Teach Keyboarding? (was: Computers in Schools)

James writes about computers in schools.

My sense is computers should begin to show up in schools in middle school (grades 6-7, ages 12-14). The applications should be highly interactive, multi-media, and constructive (i.e. use computers to build "things", even ideas).

What should younger kids be doing? Why, keyboarding of course!

No, not computer keyboarding. Piano keyboarding. This would be far better for connecting their brains for future study of math and science than any software I know of.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.