"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 04, 2004

Continuations: Python, Haystack

From the Chandler email list, some references to the use of continuations in the Haystack system and the Python language...

In September, Hamish Harvey described some of the neat things about Haystack, including UI continuations. (Harvey's message was posted Fri, 26 Sep 2003; there's an article describing Haystack's continuations at http://haystack.lcs.mit.edu/papers/uist2003-uicont.pdf.)

I just wanted to add a reference to a tutorial article on continuations using Python: "Continuations Made Simple and Illustrated" by Denys Duchier at http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier/python/continuations.html.

I also want to second Harvey's enthusiasm for the idea. When the design work on CPIA gets into high gear, I strongly recommend reviewing this technique.

Regards,
Don Dwiggins

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.