"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 08, 2004

Register Allocation

Michael Lucas-Smith calculates the methods that can use register allocation effectively...

I put in italics the methods that would require a spill object. Only 0.37% of methods in the system will spill!. Clearly this indicates that the technique will work even on a system with 8 registers like an x86.

I think that is to some degree optimistic since no registers will be left on the x86 for intermediates.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.