"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2004

Making language translations stick

The automated french translation of "Making it stick" comes out something like "He's making the stick".

Well, that's not what I intended for the title of this blog. A better translation might be...

"Rendant quelque chose de dernier de mani?re permanente."

...which is not as short as "Making it stick" but means something like "Making something last permanently."

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.