"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, February 23, 2004

When will WS == Working System?

WS-xxx is supposed to be composable. Great. How do we tell the potentially solid connections that *work* from the illogical, or simply broken, connections that don't work?

I suppose that is where Indigo will give you Microsoft's working combinations based on some declarative attrbutes. (And those attributes themselves may work in Microsoft's C#, but not in some other language provider's dotnet compiler.)

How do I figure out in some Java implementation of WS-xxx what to provide to line behaviors up with the Indigo implementation? This is probably more of a mess than necessary.

And where are all those web services, anyway? Does their apparent absence have anything to do with the WS-xxx soup? Shouldn't one just use HTTP[S] after all?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.