"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2004

What OOPSLA Has Become

Twenty years ago, the monthly Communications of the ACM was something to look forward to. Fifteen years ago, I guess, it had morphed into something not much better than Dr. Dobbs.

Fifteen years ago, OOPSLA was something to look forward to. Recently it has morphed into something not much better than SD West.

My first clue was the last time OOPSLA was in Vancouver. The first night's social activity was to have some celebrity OOPSLAer's name taped to your back and you had to go around asking questions to guess the name. A small group of us immediately hit the bars and had a blast. Don't know how the game turned out.

More recent evidence.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.