"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Why Not Try The Road Less Travelled?

Phil Windley writes...

I was having a discussion with some engineers about what languages to use in various portions of a project. There was a core piece that really needs to be optimized for performance to the greatest extent possible and other parts where cross-platform and user interface issues dominate. I began to realize that almost no recent development in programming languages helps with the former. We're probably still going to write it in C++, with all its warts, so that we can compile it.
Oh my. At least read this PDF first, especially the section by Jonathan Sobel.

1 comment:

kbm said...

Hi, Pat,

Thanks for thois pointer to a wonderful document (http://kbm.blogspot.com/2004/07/ok-im-starting-to-get-this.html).

But where is the section by Jonathan Sobel; I can see a couple of quotation ( including the excellent Jon Rossie - does he have a web site?))

Regards,
Keith

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.