"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2005

MIMO - Super G Wireless

My treat this season is a NetGear RangeMax MIMO wireless Super-G router. Seven antennas and 108 mbps. Actually it was a treat for my youngest who just got his own first PC. He is gaming wirelessly reliably from his room with a very strong signal and 108 mpbs.

I just have an 802.11g card in my laptop so I'm still at 54 mbps. But where the signal from the far corner of my house had been low, now it is very strong. The other son wants a Super-G card now too. I've got my eye on the new round of wireless products for network storage, etc.

'Tis the season I suppose.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.