"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, April 02, 2007

Scary Cursors

If this story about vulnerable cursors does not tip us over the line, what will? Whoddathunk that a screen cursor could be the gateway for bad things on your PC?

What to do?

Capability-based systems go back to the 1960s. Someday we'll have them on the Internets, a series of tubes.

How many billions spent on broken security mechanisms? And we still have screen cursors with the power over the entire machine.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.