"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 06, 2007

Way Out

From Javaworld...

Engineers at Sun are eyeing May for the release of a 1.0 version of JRuby , which provides a Java implementation of the Ruby language... The JIT (just in time) compiler will be enabled by default this month. April plans call for deciding on the final features for the 1.0 release as well as a major bug-hunting push...

Future directions for JRuby include Ruby 2.0 bytecode support and leveraging the HotSpot JVM to speed execution.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.