"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Mono-a-Mono

(My creative titling really is suspect this time.)

Anyway, here's a quote from the Bonjour (Zeroconf) email list regarding the Mono Zeroconf libraries and the "official" dotnet...

I've seen the Mono Zeroconf implementation but since I'm not using mono, I'm using full-on .NET, I don't think licensing would allow me to mix and match that stuff without getting into trouble.
Huh? There is something in the "official" dotnet product license that prohibits the use of software developed for Mono???

If this is true, then how sad. If this is not true, then MSFT really goofed with their FUD to the point of causing this confusion. I suspect the former.

I'm not sure which is the more sad scenario!

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.