"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2007

RTGGC

Recently see at LtU...

We have developed a fully incremental, real-time generational collector based on a tri-partite nursery, which partitions the nursery into regions that are being allocated, collected, and promoted. Nursery collections are incremental, and can occur within any phase of a mature collection.

We present the design, mathematical model, and implementation of our collector in IBM's production Real-time Java virtual machine, and show both analytically and experimentally that the collector achieves real-time bounds comparable to a non-generational Metronome-style collector, while cutting memory consumption and total execution times by as much as 44% and 24% respectively.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.