"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 01, 2007

The name of this band is Talking Heads

I was poking around youtube for the Late Night with David Letterman show (the one back on NBC), the episode back around 1983-84, where the entire screen rotated clockwise over the course of the hour.

I've not found a clip yet. But I've been watching other clips, like this one...

Amazing. There was a time as an early 20-something when we *had* to watch Late Night and talk about it the next day. The current Letterman is more mild, but still bits like, "Is this anything" and "Will it float" provide glimpses back to the original show, which at the time seemed like "anything goes".

I wish I could find a clip of that episode with the screen rotating slowly over the hour.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool story as for me. I'd like to read something more concerning this matter. The only thing that blog needs is some photos of any gizmos.
Nickolas Karver
Phone Blocker

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.