"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, June 13, 2008

Y2K+8

Douglas Purdy of MSFT...

"One of the reasons this topic comes up in Microsoft circles is the
fact that so few Microsoft desktop applications use the CLR. As you
may be aware, there is a performance cost associated with running code
in the CLR and garbage collection often gets painted as the chief
offender."

http://douglaspurdy.com/2008/06/12/objective-c-20-garbage-collection/

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.