"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, December 12, 2008

InexpressivenessYet World Wide Webiness

Joe Gregorio writes...

One of the reasons that I have this feeling is that after programming for the past 25 years the field hasn't really changed.
I also have the feeling nothing about programming has changed. Except when I have the feeling that a *lot* about programming has changed.

I'm now in the frame of mind that 25 or 50 years is really not that long, and already programmers have created a world-wide web of information and computation, used by a significant number of people, that seems capable of outlasting any of its current parts. That's something.

On the other hand programming is still too hard (inexpressive), still too much like it was 25 or so years ago.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.