"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Who's the Loser?

I can only whine a bit in response to this desire to create new flow of control sytax.

Yesterday I posted a new way to define functions and their tests contiguously using a new syntax in Scheme. It took about 10 minutes and less than 10 lines of code.

Likewise in Lisp as well as Smalltalk defining new control structures is childs play, mainly because the control structures in those languages are defined using the very same mechanisms that are available to you, the dear programmer.

Yes, I know, I am a loser to even bring this up.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.