"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 02, 2004

Air America Radio and Operation Northwoods

I'm loving the new progressive talk station, Air America Radio. Streaming internet, or if you live in a handful of cities (including Portland, Oregon on 620 am) you can listen in your car. You can also stream the Portland station on the Internet if you want the Pacific time shift. Air America itself streams the New York station.

The "morning sedition" program today mentioned Operation Northwoods, but laughed it off as a conspiracy theory.

Nope. See the National Security Archives at George Washington University.

Released through the Freedom of Information Act (which the current administration would like to narrow), documents signed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff in the early 1960s reveal their intent to stage fake "terrorist" acts within American cities and on American troops in order to incite support for an attack on Cuba.

Could that happen again in America, in the 21st century? Why or why not?

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.