"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, April 03, 2004

More Crap

Unsafe fixed arrays (of values only) in the 2005 release of dotnet?

These arrays are stored inline, and, I believe, only work with value types. Since length information is omitted, no range checking is performed; hence, code that uses this feature must be declared unsafe.
Didn't someone say something once about piling feature on top of feature? Oh, yeah. It's from a well designed language that has lasted more than 25 years and yet is the foundation of some of the most innovative work on the web today.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.