In a message to the Camp Smalltalk list I wrote...
I'm interested in learning Seaside. Additionally, I've been wanting to learn Mozilla/XUL, and how it is different from HTML.
Here's a bit more of what's been forming in my mind...
- I implemented a "Naked Objects" like system in Jython and SWT, late at night, a couple hours at a time. A Naked Objects user interface is non-modal.
- I'm ultimately interested in something like the "Object Lens" which is kind of an enhanced Naked Objects.
- Related to this is the Haystack system, which also makes interesting use of continuations for "rich" user interfaces. These kinds of continuations could allow a NakedObjects GUI to be "end user customized" into a more "task-oriented" user interface without much scripting, if any at all.
- Smalltalk is a good platform for something like the Object Lens.
- Seaside might be a good platform for something like Haystack's particular use of continuations, which granted is not as intensive as with HTML but at least as interesting.