"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Why Open Source should not combat Longhorn

Headline: Read all about it. Open Source to Combat Longhorn.

Mozilla and Gnome have gotten together to look at how they can combat Microsoft Longhorn's strategy of merging the web and desktop experience.
What "Open Source" should do instead of combat vaporware is to continue its multi-pronged, evolutionary, march toward providing a solid and secure platform upon which a multitude of innovative ideas can germinate and flourish. The aim should not be "combating Longhorn".

Just focus on providing incremental value to end users and developers of all stripes.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.