"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, May 07, 2004

Why is this so hard?

MS has even forgotten what made Basic productive

Very good point. I have never been a fan of VB (having used it only a few times helping people with course work). But early on I did have great respect for the operating model that emerged among VB developers and "component" developers.

VB.Net is a greater travesty than anything related to Java-like languages. VB.Net is nothing short of a surrender of an emerging ideal of software development. (The vehicles needed improvement, but not surrender.)

That original market today is unfulfilled and open for innovation, from what I can see (or can't).

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.