"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, July 05, 2004

Capability-based Security and the Web

Tyler Close (of Waterken) writes in the e-lang email list...

The status quo of WWW security is unfortunately mired in the ACL model. However, if you ignore the various security add-ons of the WWW, and focus solely on the underlying model, you find an amazing symmetry with capability-based security. In fact, if you push REST design principles to their logical conclusions, you arrive at some of the core principles of capability-based security.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.