"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Lisp and Concurrent Programming

Bill Clementson has a huge list of Lisp-related concurrent programming references. And if you haven't looked at Erlang yet, it is a list-based semi-functional language. Too bad it doesn't use Lisp syntax.

Bill refers to Dirk Gerrits, building an Erlang-like concurrency mechanism in Common Lisp. Something like this was done for Python as well, called Candygram.

Also related is the ETOS compiler for Erlang that generates Gambit Scheme, which scales as well as Erlang/OTP.

The mind spins, concurrent thoughts swirling all around.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.