"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Models for Backwards Navigation

Nice alternative implementation of a continuation-like web mechanism for languages without first-class continuations.

Unwittingly explains the *conceptual* model of continuation-based web servers. Languages with continuations offer a better *programming* model by simplifying the web programmer's *mental* model.

If you are familiar with web programming but unfamiliar with continuations, read this one first to get the concept, then read about continuation-based implementations.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.