"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, April 01, 2005

JINI and JavaSpaces

JINI (and therefore JavaSpaces) in action, not inaction, via Tim Bray...

Jini has the fingerprints of Bill Joy and Jim Waldo all over its architecture, and these are obviously two of the Real Smart Guys. Rob Gingell, another one of them, said “Those who do not use Jini are doomed to re-invent it.”

Jini is not just a theoretical triumph; it’s being deployed in large mission-critical applications at places including Orbitz, Orange (the mobile-phone company), Raytheon, and the U.S. Army.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.