"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2005

Not Elegant?

Dynamic ("scripting" in this article) languages continue to gain more attention. Play along at home. Spot the misconceptions...

"Scripting (languages are) just getting more popular and powerful simply because they're easy to use," said Tim Huckaby, CEO of consulting firm and Microsoft partner InterKnowlogy. "It's all about time to market and money, not about how elegant it is underneath."

2 comments:

Eduardo O. Padoan said...

Maybe he only knows Perl :P

Anonymous said...

No, anyone who knew Perl wouldn't be so uttterly, absolutely clueless. Perl's been in the enterprise arena for at least a decade.

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.