"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Iraq - That's Right

MoveOn is holding a virtual town hall on the Iraq catastrophe.

You can attend a local house party and view/participate from there if you'd like.

Here is a banner and link you can put on your blog if you'd like.

Join MoveOn.org's Virtual Town Hall: Iraq

They are asking which candidate has the best position on Iraq in your opinion. Here is my opinion, which I don't believe is so very far off from many opinions, if not expressed in the same way...

It is a *fucking* mess and getting out of it won't be easy, but I hope several people eventually go to jail because of it. I won't vote for anyone who does not admit it was a mistake, should never have occurred, and vows to apologize to the world as the next president of the United States. Enough bullshit.

That's right. I probably will not vote for president in 2008 unless I change my mind of this.

1 comment:

Bill Mill said...

Patrick,

I'm probably going the opposite way from you. I've never voted before because of similar reasons why you are thinking about not voting. (except re: drug war/big government/civil liberties, instead of Iraq).

This year, however, I think I've determined to at least throw my hat in the ring with somebody. If it's not a big-party candidate, I should at least make my voice heard by voting for some poor schmuck who's not going to win.

Our electoral system is so f*cked up that I'm not sure it's possible for anyone that even passes my "barely acceptable" threshold to become president.

(That said, I guess I have somewhat similar beliefs to you, and rank them (1) Ron Paul (2) Obama (3) nobody yet - libertarian maybe)

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.