Rock is 16 cores - we haven't said how many threads per core. Nor have we said why this chip heralds the golden age of effortless parallel programming, or how it brings fault tolerance to the masses. But stay tuned, I think we're planning on talking up both in the next few weeks.Yeah, I think there'd be some cool software to write for these.
"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
- ► 2011 (19)
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (402)
04/08 - 04/15
- Practice Begets Simplicity
- Not For Long?
- Iraq - That's Right
- Innovation Happened Elsewhere
- Stem Cell Therapy May Combat Type 1 Diabetes
- Dynamic Language Symposium 2007
- How To Tell Stuff To A Computer
- Paul's Cliff Notes
- Rediscovering Smalltalk Kind Of
- April Portland Smalltalk Users Group
- Gambit Wiki
- No Comment
- Success By Failure
- Latent Technical Complexity
- ▼ 04/08 - 04/15 (16)
- ► 2006 (261)
- ► 2005 (335)
- ► 2004 (534)
- ► 2003 (286)
- Patrick Logan
- Portland, Oregon, United States
- I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.