"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

exmpp

Back in December, Mickaël Rémond wrote on the erlang-questions list...

Jabberlang for now rely on ejabberd. You need ejabberd to use it. The shared object you are mentionning comes from ejabberd. That said Jabberlang is a client library that rely on a server implementation which seems strange. That's why we are currently doing some code refactoring. Our target is to have:
  • exmpp: A common XMPP library that is used by ejabberd and Jabberlang
  • Jabberlang: Relying on exmpp.
  • ejabberd: Relying on exmpp.
We are in the middle of this refactoring currently.
Recently, elsewhere, he updated:
Jabberlang will be replaced soon by a much better and easier to use library called exmpp. Stay tuned. It will be published here: http://www.process-one.net/

1 comment:

probably corey said...

What happened to exmpp/jabberlang? I don't see any updates on jabberlang and can't find any references to exmpp. Is it still moving forward?

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.