"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sweet Linux Air

From the RIA Cowboy himself. Yeehaw. While we're waiting for Air to be officially available on Linux...

*** WARNING - THIS IS TOTALLY UNSUPPORTED, UNENDORSED, AND A COMPLETE HACK ***

...

All I need is ADL - the testing tool for AIR applications. So I gave it a try on a Salesforce.com project I’m working on:

jamesw@dos:~/projects/mavericks/examples/air/AccountTracker/bin$ wine ~/flex_sdk-3_b1/bin/adl.exe salesforceTest-app.xml
And to my total surprise the AIR application loaded and ran on Linux! Sweet!
The one component that truly needs Windows or Mac right now can run on Wine on Linux. The degree the API is mapped to the Linux environment is probably limited, but for at least some things, developers can currently use Linux for Air.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.