"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Friday, September 14, 2007

Squeak by Example

(via James Robertson)

A nice looking new book for getting started with Squeak Smalltalk, pdf is free online, or you can order it print-on-demand from lulu. They also accept donations for the pdf.

Co-authored by local Portlander Andrew Black.

The book seems comprehensive for getting started, covering the development environment (including the Monticello package tool) as well as the language, the GUI classes, "meta" classes, etc.

This is a good year to learn Smalltalk and Erlang, with two of the best programming language books ever now available for two of the most distinguished programming languages. Every programmer would be better at whatever they do by knowing a good bit about these languages.

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.