"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Modular Data Centers

James Hamilton of Microsoft Research writes...
====
Over the last couple of years, the modular datacenter approach has
gained momentum. Now nearly all data center equipment providers have
started offering container based solutions

* IBM Scalable modular data center
* Rackable ICE Cube™ Modular Data Center
* Sun Modular Datacenter S20 (project Blackbox)
* Dell Insight
* Verari Forest Container Solution
====
Link: http://perspectives.mvdirona.com/2008/04/02/FirstContainerizedDataCenterAnnouncement.aspx

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.