"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Standards: Take Your Pick

I don't know much about this process or its result. I've seen bad
standards for no good reason. This sounds like enough money may have
been scattered around to "buy" a standard.

I don't really care too much. Even as standards, the days of MS-Office
formats are numbered, even of those numbers can seem large.

John Dowdell (of Adobe, to be sure) writes: "One of the most shameful
things I've ever seen in technology."

http://weblogs.macromedia.com/jd/archives/2008/04/a_perversion_of.cfm

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.