"I have a mind like a steel... uh... thingy." Patrick Logan's weblog.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Report cards are due

From The Register...

"Unless just about every technology company going has an "iPod
moment," then we're looking at a grim scenario where layoff reports
will become rather common. That's especially painful news for people
already being worked over by rising gas prices and painful mortgages.

We'll know just how bad these are for the technology sector, starting
today when Intel reports second quarter financial figures. Intel's
report will kick off three weeks of earnings reports - a journey
that's starting to look like a dive into the heart of darkness...

Worst of all, people are starting to try and understand Google's
business. Just wait and see what happens when Google really misses a
quarter, and everyone figures out that they have no idea how Google's
money machine works. That'll go over well."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/15/tech_economy_woe/

No comments:

Blog Archive

About Me

Portland, Oregon, United States
I'm usually writing from my favorite location on the planet, the pacific northwest of the u.s. I write for myself only and unless otherwise specified my posts here should not be taken as representing an official position of my employer. Contact me at my gee mail account, username patrickdlogan.